Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Saturday, September 10, 2005

sometimes I do wish I'd just give in...

she asked me in the car today... "do you drink paige?" I found myself wanting to say yes. I answered no, she said "thats cool, you should still come with us.... etc" and shes right, I should still go with them and maybe I will...

but her question bothered me, the fact that yes crossed my mind bothered me. It wasn't the fact that I wanted to drink, I don't want to... its just that sometimes I wish I did want to . It'd make life easier, easier to "make friends", easier to meet guys, easier to feel like a part of something. It'd stop people from making assumptions about me, stop people from judging me based on one thing, one STUPID thing.

It is stupid... so I don't drink? Does that make me a bad person? a bad friend? I hope not.

Dont get me wrong I don't care if people drink, do whatever you want... I'm not here to judge and quite frankly I don't care either way. But thats my point, if I don't judge, then what gives people the right to judge me? why do people get to make me feel like I'm not good enough?

Anyway this led me to one thing... this is peer pressure. Its not the people saying "drink, come drink with us" that people have a hard time saying no to, its the chance that maybe they will miss out on something, miss out on being a part of something.... this is peer pressure and for once, I'm feeling it

sometimes I wish I'd just give in.....







but I know myself well enough to know I won't...I don't want to

4 Comments:

  • you are NOT alone. But your strength is insurpassable. And if anyone can be the social butterfly and amazing friend that you are and still stand true- it's you.

    I know it.

    By Blogger loo, At 2:25 AM  

  • oh charlie brown...your a good woman, dont ever let yourself think otherwise

    miss you

    By Blogger Megan M., At 10:44 PM  

  • dont let anyone make you what your not paige. youre an amazing person. people will love you for who you are. trust me...i do.

    By Blogger MOMSNOMS, At 3:38 PM  

  • paige. i just LOVE you.

    kinda...mmm..a lot. :)


    you never have to worry about not-drinking being a problem for you to make friends. you will make friends anywhere you go.

    By Blogger Me, At 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home