so I posted this, took it down but after talking to katie, its going back up, even tho it makes me, well feel really vulnerable.... I just feel it needs to be said...
Growing up my mom always told me that if I didn't start to watch what I was eating I would end up... well "large". I always rolled my eyes, saying I would be playing sports and working out... basically I thought it wouldn't matter.
I was wrong.
It's pubic knowledge I don't really get dressed, I throw on sweats put my hair up in a pony and walk out the door, whats more of a private matter is why... there are some mornings I do wake up and I just don't feel like bothering, so I dress in sweats. But, what more regularly happens is, I get up and get dressed, in a real outfit. Then, I change the shirt or pants about 3 times, trying to find something that looks cute, you know... something that doesn't make me look enormous. Aways failing, I throw on sweats and walk out the door. My thought process is, I'm too big, I am not going to look cute even if I try, so why try?
I put on weight last year because of a series of things; a hurt knee kept me from the exercise I was so used to, my parents moved and I was cooking for myself, sometimes fatty food was easier to make, and I was unhappy. I don't mean unhappy, I guess I just mean unsettled. I'm an emotional eater, and whenever I was stressed or sad, I turned to food. Plus I'm a very social eater... I cannot be peer-pressured into alcohol nor drug... but icecream, that I give into.
No one sees me cry when I try on clothes, and hate how I look; that I do in the privacy of my bedroom, right before I thow on my oversized sweats. My weight is the reason I hate shopping, shopping involves clothes, and I actually become emabarassed/frustrated/sad when I buy a size whatever jeans, and my friends pick up size 4. I'll never be a size four, in all actuallity I don't want to be. With my height, I would look seriously illl. I'd just like to put on my pants, a bathing suit, a shirt, and not worry about how many people are judging me, or looking at me with disgust based on my size.
There are days I wake up and think "I don't care, I weigh more than I should... but I'm a good person, thats what counts, someone will love me for me" But most of the days, I know thats not how our world works.
I make jokes about my weight, but I never actually talk about the issue I have with how, as she so delicately put it, "large" I am. So why now? why the huge confession of tears and frustration....
My goal this summer was to lose weight, according to the scale in my bathroom... I failed. My mom has said it's because I have put on muscle, so the fat to muscle ratio has changed even though the number on the scale hasn't. Although I do agree with her, its not good enough.
This summer: I've eaten better than I used to, I won't even bother lying and saying I always eat healthy, I don't. But I try to eat smaller portions, healthier foods. I'm just not ready to give up icecream for the rest of my life... I don't think I should have to. And, I worked out 4-5 days a week. Not to mention I waitressed 6 days a week which, is a workout all in itself.... but no, this whole summer has gone by and I have lost 2 pounds. The number actually doesn't matter to me... but when I look in the mirror I look basically the same, which means I feel the same as before, big.
please; don't look at me the wrong way when I do eat a cookie in front of you, or tell me to order a salad instead of something else, don't act as though if I worked out more it would change.... its just not that simple, if you've ever been in this situation thats something you understand... thats not what I want.
I want you to look at the people around you and not judge based on size... look at the person inside, thats where true beauty is.
Growing up my mom always told me that if I didn't start to watch what I was eating I would end up... well "large". I always rolled my eyes, saying I would be playing sports and working out... basically I thought it wouldn't matter.
I was wrong.
It's pubic knowledge I don't really get dressed, I throw on sweats put my hair up in a pony and walk out the door, whats more of a private matter is why... there are some mornings I do wake up and I just don't feel like bothering, so I dress in sweats. But, what more regularly happens is, I get up and get dressed, in a real outfit. Then, I change the shirt or pants about 3 times, trying to find something that looks cute, you know... something that doesn't make me look enormous. Aways failing, I throw on sweats and walk out the door. My thought process is, I'm too big, I am not going to look cute even if I try, so why try?
I put on weight last year because of a series of things; a hurt knee kept me from the exercise I was so used to, my parents moved and I was cooking for myself, sometimes fatty food was easier to make, and I was unhappy. I don't mean unhappy, I guess I just mean unsettled. I'm an emotional eater, and whenever I was stressed or sad, I turned to food. Plus I'm a very social eater... I cannot be peer-pressured into alcohol nor drug... but icecream, that I give into.
No one sees me cry when I try on clothes, and hate how I look; that I do in the privacy of my bedroom, right before I thow on my oversized sweats. My weight is the reason I hate shopping, shopping involves clothes, and I actually become emabarassed/frustrated/sad when I buy a size whatever jeans, and my friends pick up size 4. I'll never be a size four, in all actuallity I don't want to be. With my height, I would look seriously illl. I'd just like to put on my pants, a bathing suit, a shirt, and not worry about how many people are judging me, or looking at me with disgust based on my size.
There are days I wake up and think "I don't care, I weigh more than I should... but I'm a good person, thats what counts, someone will love me for me" But most of the days, I know thats not how our world works.
I make jokes about my weight, but I never actually talk about the issue I have with how, as she so delicately put it, "large" I am. So why now? why the huge confession of tears and frustration....
My goal this summer was to lose weight, according to the scale in my bathroom... I failed. My mom has said it's because I have put on muscle, so the fat to muscle ratio has changed even though the number on the scale hasn't. Although I do agree with her, its not good enough.
This summer: I've eaten better than I used to, I won't even bother lying and saying I always eat healthy, I don't. But I try to eat smaller portions, healthier foods. I'm just not ready to give up icecream for the rest of my life... I don't think I should have to. And, I worked out 4-5 days a week. Not to mention I waitressed 6 days a week which, is a workout all in itself.... but no, this whole summer has gone by and I have lost 2 pounds. The number actually doesn't matter to me... but when I look in the mirror I look basically the same, which means I feel the same as before, big.
please; don't look at me the wrong way when I do eat a cookie in front of you, or tell me to order a salad instead of something else, don't act as though if I worked out more it would change.... its just not that simple, if you've ever been in this situation thats something you understand... thats not what I want.
I want you to look at the people around you and not judge based on size... look at the person inside, thats where true beauty is.

3 Comments:
im very proud of you
..not for all the working out and eating stuff- even tho that it a good thing...
but im proud of you for putting that through. it took a lot for you to open up and let go. i know that it hasnt been easy for you to be honest with peopl and your feelings, and i know that sometimes its easier to just hold it inside, and not deal with telling everyone- but you cant tell me that writing that didnt feel good
im glad im coming tomorrow, so we can talk further on this matter
love you
: D
By
Megan M., At
9:04 AM
:) my smiles were/will never used to mask judgement.
and I know for a FACT that the beauty you believe is tightly concealed on the inside-- radiates on the surface more often than you think.
By
loo, At
11:15 AM
paige...paige paige paige paige
i love you. i know how you feel. and i love you.
well talk soon? about this.
ps- how you feel is not how you look
u look good to me.
By
MOMSNOMS, At
1:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home