Yesterday at breakfast we heard "home" by michael buble, and I almost started to cry. I haven't cried yet at college but the words in his song began to pull at my heart. I listened and cried to this song all summer long.... because this is what I wanted all summer, to be back in MA, to be... "home". But this is not the MA I wanted, and this is not my home. I'll never be able to go back to that home, the home of people, familiarity and comfort. Things do change and people can never go back.
I'm not sorry I came to WPI, when alls said and and done I do wish I were closer to my parents, closer to friends, but its all part of growing up. I will get a great education, and hopefully all the money I'm putting in will pay off. But for now, I'm making friends and dealing with change. I'm making a temporary home for myself here at WPI.
I'm not sorry I came to WPI, when alls said and and done I do wish I were closer to my parents, closer to friends, but its all part of growing up. I will get a great education, and hopefully all the money I'm putting in will pay off. But for now, I'm making friends and dealing with change. I'm making a temporary home for myself here at WPI.

4 Comments:
i am sure that in no time, the friends you make there, and the things you do will make wpi an even more amazing and even more exciting home than we could ever give you, even if you could come back to your MA home.
because the people you have met so far seem awesome, and once you really get to know each other, it will be amazing.
plus, like i said all last year, you always have a bed at my house. we know my mom likes you more than me anyways. ;-)
By
Katie, At
10:03 AM
It was refreshing to read your post. I have a site on database marketing niche software which I hope will help a few people.
By
Anonymous, At
10:35 AM
paige, things will be ok, i promise. this post reminds me of garden state. have u seen that movie? well i love you. you know im always a phone call away. and i bet that by the time im there with my tuperwares full of food, things will already be adjusted and better.
By
MOMSNOMS, At
11:59 AM
i hate change...change sux. i know you experienced that earlier than i, but it still sux.
despite the change, im glad to have you clser to me. i need you more than you know- and i keep saying it, but i truly mean that once i get settled ill be seeing you often. after all- who am i going to cry to when i miss my family. i would trust no one else with my tears.
love you paigey
By
Megan M., At
7:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home