last college essay,
q) what is the best advice you have ever gotten and did you follow it?
The best advice I have ever received is simple "play with your heart". My freshman year in high school the varsity coach gave me this advice, he said if I gave it all I had the rest would fall into place.
When the coach first said these words to me I wanted to roll my eyes and say "that easy huh?" but instead I thought about what he said. The next day I walked onto the court and truly played with my heart. I gave everything I had, because I loved the game, I didn't play to win, or to impress, I played because I loved the game. By the end of the game I had used up every ounce of energy in my body, but as I walked off the court I felt better than I had ever felt before.
Although "play with your heart" is definitely sports advice, one can apply it to any part of their life. One needs to find passion, because with passion, what normally would be hard work, becomes easy and fun. One has to love what they do in order to do it well, for me it was basketball.
What started as simple basketball advice has become a saying I will live by for all of my life, in sports, school, my career and whatever else comes my way. "Play with your heart"
q) what is the best advice you have ever gotten and did you follow it?
The best advice I have ever received is simple "play with your heart". My freshman year in high school the varsity coach gave me this advice, he said if I gave it all I had the rest would fall into place.
When the coach first said these words to me I wanted to roll my eyes and say "that easy huh?" but instead I thought about what he said. The next day I walked onto the court and truly played with my heart. I gave everything I had, because I loved the game, I didn't play to win, or to impress, I played because I loved the game. By the end of the game I had used up every ounce of energy in my body, but as I walked off the court I felt better than I had ever felt before.
Although "play with your heart" is definitely sports advice, one can apply it to any part of their life. One needs to find passion, because with passion, what normally would be hard work, becomes easy and fun. One has to love what they do in order to do it well, for me it was basketball.
What started as simple basketball advice has become a saying I will live by for all of my life, in sports, school, my career and whatever else comes my way. "Play with your heart"

1 Comments:
amen to the passion thing paige. xoxo
By
MOMSNOMS, At
9:23 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home