Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I've come to rely on you . . . you're my steadying force when everything inside me is unbalanced and unsure. I'm more honest with you than I am with myself, or actually you're more honest with me. You tell me when I'm lying or rather avoiding things, although at this point I know I don't need to/can't hide anything from you; when I do it, it's purely out of habit and you always call my bluff. I respect and admire you, for many reasons but it can all be summed up in the basic truth that you are one of the best people I have ever known. We have a lot of little sayings, and a lot of memories to go with them. But the one I haven't heard in a while, is the one I think fits us best... we're forever friends.

Let's become eccentric together- the kind of old ladies who take long walks, wear silly hats, and get away with acting outrageous in public places. And if anybody should ask how long we've been friends, we'll say, "Oh, forever-since before you were even born!"