This is why I could never walk away, when its good.... its incredible, and ALL the pain feels worth it.
I walked in around 4:15, I know 3 hours early, but thats just my style. I listened to my music and put on my brace and sneakers right away. After I shot around I sat around, talked to the coaches (you made my night, you'll never know it, but it meant the world to me), the JV's (whom I adore), and the TEAM.
I found myself laying on the wooden floor. I thought about how there is NO where else in the world I would lay on a hard DUSTY wooden floor in an all white outfit, only here. This is a second home... a safe haven.
As the time began to wear down I again found myself with the feelings of butterflies in my tummy and worries in my head, we went into the locker room for pregame and the butterflies flew away... I was ready for this, WE were ready.
The ball went up into the air and I knew the writing on the board would need to come true "leave it on the court".... and WE DID. 59-50, no need to say anything else.
One game down, and bigger and better game to come, great win girlies, thanks.
I walked in around 4:15, I know 3 hours early, but thats just my style. I listened to my music and put on my brace and sneakers right away. After I shot around I sat around, talked to the coaches (you made my night, you'll never know it, but it meant the world to me), the JV's (whom I adore), and the TEAM.
I found myself laying on the wooden floor. I thought about how there is NO where else in the world I would lay on a hard DUSTY wooden floor in an all white outfit, only here. This is a second home... a safe haven.
As the time began to wear down I again found myself with the feelings of butterflies in my tummy and worries in my head, we went into the locker room for pregame and the butterflies flew away... I was ready for this, WE were ready.
The ball went up into the air and I knew the writing on the board would need to come true "leave it on the court".... and WE DID. 59-50, no need to say anything else.
One game down, and bigger and better game to come, great win girlies, thanks.

2 Comments:
:-D <---- bigger times ten for you!
good job champ. i suppose that will do for tonight. ;-)
By
Katie, At
9:38 PM
"Leave it on the court."
I like that.
Congrats. :)
By
loo, At
10:10 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home