Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

she asked me who I'd be friends with through college, or atleast what I could predict...

I surround myself with wonderful people, so how does one guess? how does one pick? and why can't I stay friends with everyone? So I thought for a moment, and I started to name names, people I would be friends with, and those I would lose touch with, as I ran off the list of people who now play such major roles in my life, I realized how many of them I probably wouldn't know only one or two years from now.

When all was said and done, she looked back and me and said, so how many then will you actually keep in touch with, you know for atleast five years? I could only give her 4 maybe 7 names. I began to feel as though in the upcoming months I would be losing something bigger than comfort, I'd be losing friends...but as the realization swirled around my head another thought began to formulate... I am lucky

lucky enough to have, even just, four people who I love enough that I know distance will not change these strong bonds...that time cannot take away the memories and the respect I have for these people. That phone calls and emails will be enough to keep me forever tied to their lives, and they to mine. These four, maybe more, people will be in my life...for the rest of my life and for this, I am honored.

For the rest of the people who I will, as the world turns, slowly lose contact with, thank you... for the memories, for the help along the way, for helping me find the person I want to be, and although I may not speak to you, know the names of your kids or the career you chose, you will always be a part of my heart, and a memory that I will never forget...thank you

4 Comments:

  • and this is why i love you
    ;)

    By Blogger Megan M., At 4:24 PM  

  • Could I have said it any better?


    Yep- that's a definite

    NO.

    It's a bit sad, yes... but it's reality... and those four- you're right- are worth the world. :D

    By Blogger loo, At 7:22 PM  

  • i love paige too....


    but, as of this very moment, i am still mad at her.

    poopyface!

    :-P

    oh wait, im mad... >:-O

    :-)

    By Blogger Katie, At 7:50 PM  

  • Your wiser than you know....some people will surprise you! Dont worry live up the rest of your senior year...you will miss it when its gone. I know you dont believe me but I wouldnt lie to you!!!!

    By Blogger K4O, At 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home