I sang in the car today. I mean windows down, sunglasses on, music blasting, singing at the top of my lungs, sang. I haven't done that in a while, haven't been that carefree or that comfortable in a while, since basketball season actually. It's because of where I was going, its because of that gym.
For the last four years, when I wanted to go home or when I needed to get away, I went to that gym. That gym is home. I walk in and immediately feel better. It is one of the very few places that I can go and just be me. There are no expectations and no rules, just a smile and a greeting of “good morning”. I never needed to call in advance and there was never a day that time wasn't made for me. Its the people, the memories, and the comfort.
I go to that gym because it’s like coming home...
For the last four years, when I wanted to go home or when I needed to get away, I went to that gym. That gym is home. I walk in and immediately feel better. It is one of the very few places that I can go and just be me. There are no expectations and no rules, just a smile and a greeting of “good morning”. I never needed to call in advance and there was never a day that time wasn't made for me. Its the people, the memories, and the comfort.
I go to that gym because it’s like coming home...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home