Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Friday, July 14, 2006

I don't miss the town as much as I used to. It feels more natural that I'm not there anymore, they said that'd happen in time. I don't know if its that I'm used to being here and not there, or that because we're all in college now and not together for most of the year so a few more months doesn't make any difference. I know though, that because of college and because of the distance I've lost touch with most of the people who previously filled my everyday life. Last summer, it would have saddened me to know that this is what would become of so many friendships; but for the most part ... I don't care. It sounds heartless but, I've learned that with good friends, miles mean nothing and I needed to learn to let people go. I'm still not thrilled with the idea of being here, basically alone, but the fears are gone. The people who are worth it have proved it, and although the future may control where I go, it will never change where I came from and the people who helped me get where I am.

2 Comments:

  • The memories never go away and those are the most important to keep. I agree that it's so strange that the people who you once saw everyday are now almost strangers but you certainly are not alone in that experience. Miles are just a physical thing and friendships aren't limited by a silly thing like that. Oh, how I miss you.

    By Blogger loo, At 5:27 PM  

  • apparently we are playing an intensly long game of phone tag

    im def gonna win

    ; P

    By Blogger Megan M., At 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home