Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Leaving NC is never easy for me, it brings up a lot of old feelings. It's been four years since I decided not to move with my family, and three years since I picked a college 14 hours away from home. Because of these decisions, I go home less often for less time. I don't regret either decision, but every time I go home I am inevitably faced with the guilt of not choosing NC, not choosing my family. There are no comments made that I should feel bad or that I should have chosen differently; rather appologies from my mother and plans made for the next visit. August, thats the next visit... August. I just wish that I could go home for a weekend, meet my folks for dinner on a random day, or not worry about whether or not my parents will be able to come to my graduation. If I had to go back and do it all over, I would do it all again, exactly the same way. . . but I'd warn myself that it won't be as easy as I had hoped.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home