The rain drops feel without mercy, creating puddles and mud...lots of mud. As I drove through the roads I knew so well, that even in the dark I knew where the water would be highest, I knew what corners I must slow down on, and I knew where to dodge so as not to hit the POT HOLE full of water, my mind began to wander. It wandered past the road ahead of me and even past the voice Frank Sinatra who was singing "fly me to the moon"
My mind wandered into next year. I wondered what roads I would be driving, what state I would be driving in, where I would be driving, and who I would be driving with...I wonder about the next four years of my life, but I no longer fear them. I have put in my time in this small town, and I would NEVER trade even one minute here, but I'm ready to move. I am ready for different places, different faces, different roads, and even different pot holes.
I am ready to leave, drive and drive and never look back, well, ok... I will check my rear view mirror every once and a while. I am ready because I've learned that I can move on and I can leave this sleepy town and I can leave the people that I am ready to let go of. But more importantly I have realized I can hold onto the people that I still need in my life. I can move on but not lose touch, I can be gone but not forgotten, and I can move leave without leaving people behind.
So I'll hop in the car, rain or shine...I may not know what road I'll be on next year, but I can assure you it will be a bumpy ride... bumpy but worthwhile
My mind wandered into next year. I wondered what roads I would be driving, what state I would be driving in, where I would be driving, and who I would be driving with...I wonder about the next four years of my life, but I no longer fear them. I have put in my time in this small town, and I would NEVER trade even one minute here, but I'm ready to move. I am ready for different places, different faces, different roads, and even different pot holes.
I am ready to leave, drive and drive and never look back, well, ok... I will check my rear view mirror every once and a while. I am ready because I've learned that I can move on and I can leave this sleepy town and I can leave the people that I am ready to let go of. But more importantly I have realized I can hold onto the people that I still need in my life. I can move on but not lose touch, I can be gone but not forgotten, and I can move leave without leaving people behind.
So I'll hop in the car, rain or shine...I may not know what road I'll be on next year, but I can assure you it will be a bumpy ride... bumpy but worthwhile

2 Comments:
: )
By
Megan M., At
7:22 PM
first of all, fly me to the moon, frank sinatra...my number one favorite song. no question.
also...paige...congrats on the acceptance, im going to miss you so much and i wanted to let you know how happy i am that i know you. your going to be great wherever the road leads you.
xoxo
By
MOMSNOMS, At
9:08 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home