its weird the things we remember . . . I haven't made that drive since the summer before my senior year. I only ever drove there during the summer, two nights a week. I worried I'd forget how to get back, get lost in the dark . . . but I knew every twist in the road, everyvbuilding I would pass and every mile that went by, I felt more and more at home.
I remember the gas station we'd stop at to get slushies on the way home, its the same one we'd stop at after the winter tourny so he could get his coffee. I remember the icecream shop I always wanted to stop at, but never took the time. I remember the lake, the houses and the "highway" in ashby. The drive never meant much to me when I made it twice a week, but when I drove back last night . . . I wanted nothing more than for that drive to never end.
I think I could go back there 20 years from now and still find my way home, I know the buildings will have changed and roads repaved, but the memory means to much to me to ever forget.
I remember the gas station we'd stop at to get slushies on the way home, its the same one we'd stop at after the winter tourny so he could get his coffee. I remember the icecream shop I always wanted to stop at, but never took the time. I remember the lake, the houses and the "highway" in ashby. The drive never meant much to me when I made it twice a week, but when I drove back last night . . . I wanted nothing more than for that drive to never end.
I think I could go back there 20 years from now and still find my way home, I know the buildings will have changed and roads repaved, but the memory means to much to me to ever forget.

1 Comments:
thanks for bringing me ice cream....it was just what i needed
you being here helped too i guess
By
Megan M., At
10:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home