Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm afraid of failure. I'm afraid of letting people down. I'm afraid of not living up the expectations and standards that have been set for me. I'm afraid that I'm not good enough. I'm afraid there are things about myself that I cannot change, no matter how much I want to. I'm afraid I have made or I will make some huge wrong decision at some point in my life. I'm afraid to have people dislike me. I'm afraid of snakes. I'm afraid to stand up for myself, but I'm afraid not to as well. I'm afraid I mean nothing to the people that mean most to me. I'm afraid to let people mean a lot to me. I'm afraid to let people get to know me, really know me. I'm afraid I'll end up alone, or unhappy. I'm afraid there are things I am uncapable of. I'm afraid that I'll miss out on new success because I'm afraid to fail. I'm afraid to retear my acl, or tear the other one. I'm afraid of being late for things or appointments. I'm afraid that I've planned my life, or atleast college, at something I might not even be good at....I'm afraid of what the future will bring, and whether or not I can handle it.

2 Comments:

  • Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more & all good things are yours. — Swedish Proverb

    everyone has fears... others are just too afraid to show it. your decisions may change as time goes by, but do not doubt who or where you are... because it is plain to me, that you belong there. <3

    By Blogger Katie, At 11:17 AM  

  • dont be scuuured....

    ...i love you!!!

    , but seriously, thank you for being there for me the past couple of weeks. in more ways then you know you have made things better for me with this sucky situation. dont be afraid of the future, youve given me everything ive ever needed..a best friend like you

    im here always

    By Blogger Megan M., At 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home