Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Monday, May 31, 2004

One month from today the trucks will pull into my driveway. Men will jump out in ugly uniforms and they will start grabbing boxes and loading them into the truck. The men won't be careful or care if something breaks. The boxes, they aren't full of their things, their memories, their home, their life...these things are mine.

One month from today I'll hand in my key and never again walk into this home. I'll never again lay on the stairs while my dog jumps all over me, never agian look out my window onto the bball court I painted myself, never again look up in my kitchen and see the waterstain from when my sister overflowed the bath...never again, never again.

But its not just the home, its the people who make the home. One month from today they leave me and drive away. They take my dog (my best friend), my mom, my dad and my sister..... they take a piece of my heart.

One month from today, my world will change forever....

2 Comments:

  • paige,
    i cant imagine how you must be feeling about all this. so much has happened to you over the past month, and i just want you to know that i am always here for you- and so is my family! haha, i love you paige, and dont you forget it

    By Blogger Megan M., At 2:54 PM  

  • paige my dear, this year has been quite the year for many of us, you most especially. and you have always been a trooper. you are so incredibly strong willed and determined, everytime i see your smiling face it gives me hope, because when i see you, i know that you can do it, and so can i. you inspire me everyday just by being you...

    next year will be our senior year, which will be both scary and incredibly exciting. I know that many things will be changing for you, and things will be tough, but I know that you of all people can do it. You are strong, you are brave, you are determined, and you are surrounded by wonderful people and friends all that are there for you, always. I know I will be.

    I love ya Paige, here is to every new day…

    Things may be changing, but I will be here for you… you know where to find me :)

    love always,
    katie

    By Blogger Katie, At 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment



<< Home