Just a Day, Just an Ordinary Day

Thursday, April 29, 2004

" you seem like you're alright with all of this..."

I guess I am ok. I've learned there is nothing I can do. I can't change the world, I can't go back in time and not hurt my knee, I can't keep the world from changing, or my family from leaving. I am ok, no thats wrong.....I WILL BE OK.

The hard times come when you least expect them. Its not when I explain the surgery or explain what I'm going to do about staying here next year. The hard times are frequent, but often go unnoticed by all but me. Its when I see a girl wearing a soccer tee shirt. I get a knot in my stomach, and I can feel the tears begin to well. Or when a girl from one of my teams smiles, that fake smile like she doesn't know what to do. I get this hollow feeling. Or when I start to think about what I'm going to do with all of my free time next year....but no matter what I do, or who I see....

I feel like a part of me is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home